What are the dangers of playing basketball
Injuries among basketball players
Basketball is often referred to as a “disembodied” sport, but injuries from opponents are common.
In the last decade basketball has turned into an athletic, fast game with a lot of physical effort and an extremely complex requirement profile. The main motor demands are in the areas of endurance, strength, speed, flexibility and coordination skills. The basic requirement for playing basketball is a good mastery of the basic techniques.
Vulnerable center players
The injury rate in basketball is between 2 and 18 injuries per 1,000 missions, which mainly occur when rebounding under the basket. This explains the increased risk of injury, especially for the center players. A frequent cause of injury is contact with the opponent, with most injuries occurring during point games. The most common distortions or injuries to the capsule and ligament apparatus are found in basketball. This usually affects the upper ankle, followed by the knee and hand. Although basketball includes many overhead elements, head injuries are rare. Tooth injuries, on the other hand, are surprisingly common.
Overworked knee joints
While the ankle joint is the focus of acute injuries, the knee joint is affected in over 50 percent of overuse injuries. The "jumper’s knee", which occurs mainly in men, should be mentioned as a sport-specific overload damage. The occurrence of such overload complaints depends, among other things, on the quality of the ground on the playing field: as the playing surface becomes harder, more knee problems also occur.
In addition to providing acute care, the medical supervisors of basketball players can provide valuable services in preventing injuries, for example through optimal warm-up and cool-down as well as proprioceptive training. Environment and environmental influences that can be easily influenced, such as poor floor conditions, the hall temperature, insufficient safety zones and bad or unregistered pieces of equipment, must always be kept in mind by the supervisors and, if necessary, optimized in consultation with the athlete. Topics such as nutrition and fluid substitution as well as the selection of footwear also fall into the sports medicine advisory area.
Localization of injuries in basketball players
• lower extremity 60-70%
• upper extremity 20-25%
• head 5-10%
• body trunk 1-5%
Increased risk of injury through
• Short-term substitutions and the associated lack of a warm-up phase
• misjudged loss of fluid
• poor floor conditions such as dirt or moisture accumulation
• Warm-up, cool-down, stretching
• face mask
• Ankle-specific prevention: targeted improvement of the proprioceptive and
coordinative performance, integration of exercises into team training
(Soft floor mat, top, etc.), targeted strengthening of the peroneal muscles, if necessary external
Stabilization of the ankle (tape bandages, orthoses, high shoes)
- Holds a rabbit good or bad
- What is reverse tcp
- Who was Manu Gandhi Mridula
- What made Homo Erectus die out
- What does an Egyptian eye tattoo symbolize
- Is Unitarian Universalism a religion?
- How do browser sessions work
- Why do people have differently shaped eyes
- Should I learn Python or Shell Scripting?
- Are airlines safer than others?
- What is the United Nations 3
- Why do rich people hate Donald Trump
- Can China win against the Japanese military?
- What distinguishes an artist from other people
- Why are people so obsessed with sociopathy
- How can I learn and keep programming
- What are some Lagos traffic hacks
- How do I seduce my parish priest
- How was Hitler stopped
- All libertarians are anarchists
- How can the government prevent the voters' apathy?
- How did Pakistan join the army in 1947
- How does tourism contribute to national development
- What is awareness beyond the brain
- What is corps in the army
- How relevant is BRICS
- What does Mutamuti mean in Bengali
- How do I choose anti aging products
- Which is better IIT or IIIT
- Why are you flying in first class
- Is SRK still the king of Bollywood
- How does a hand pump work
- How long is the human nervous system
- What are examples of a rhetorical situation