What sport is played only in Russia
Sports court halves suspension for Russia to two years
Lausanne - Russia will be banned from the Tokyo Olympics in 2021 and Beijing in 2022. In its judgment on the appeal proceedings, the International Court of Justice halved the four-year ban imposed by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). However, since the penalty only comes into force when the verdict is pronounced, no Russian team will be allowed to participate in the next Olympic Games and probably not under the Russian flag in the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
During this period, unaffected athletes in the country can compete as neutral athletes at major events. To do this, they have to meet certain anti-doping conditions. The Russian anthem may not be played or sung, the Russian flag may not be worn or hoisted on team clothing.
The trigger for the ban was that Russia allegedly manipulated and falsified doping data requested from the Moscow laboratory from 2012 to 2015 before it was handed over to WADA. They contain evidence of the sports fraud committed by numerous Russian athletes, which was systematically directed, covered up and covered up with the help of the state.
On December 19, 2019, the WADA Executive Committee formally declared the Russian anti-doping agency RUSADA to be non-compliant with the World Anti-Doping Code for four years. The handover of the data was the condition for the reinstatement of RUSADA in September 2018. The World Agency had suspended RUSADA for the first time in November 2015 after the doping scandal was discovered.
As a result of the CAS ruling, Russia will not be allowed to apply for major sporting events such as world championships for the next two years. Major sporting events already awarded to Russia for this period must go to a different host.
WADA sees itself confirmed by the ban on Russia. "This judgment is an important moment for clean sport and athletes around the world," said WADA President Witold Bańka, according to a statement. However, the Pole was also disappointed that the CAS judges halved the four-year ban originally recommended by WADA. "We believe this was appropriate and reasonable, but ultimately WADA is not the judge, but the prosecutor, and we have to respect the panel's decision," said Bańka.
The world agency turned every stone in the complex investigation against Russia. Russia had "brazenly and illegally" manipulated the data from the Moscow doping laboratory in order to cover up systematic doping with state support, said Bańka. The CAS ruling means the strongest doping punitive measures that have ever been imposed on a country. "This is a clear message that systematic fraud and collaborative attempts to undermine the global anti-doping system will not be tolerated."
The appeal process was the responsibility of CAS referees Mark L. Williams (Australia), Luigi Fumagalli (Italy) and Hamid G. Gharavi (France / Iran). In a hearing at the beginning of November, WADA and Russia presented their positions on the legal dispute.
An appeal can be lodged with the Swiss Federal Supreme Court against the CAS judgment. The chances of success at the highest court in the country are low, as it only intervenes in the event of procedural errors and violations of human rights and does not judge the legal interpretation of the CAS. (APA, December 17, 2020)
- Are Kayastha Brahmins of caste
- Why did Hitler join the German army
- Smart people talk to themselves
- Is Donald Trump a Nazi sympathizer
- Is the Chinese culture collectivist or individualistic
- Lack of knowledge is considered ignorance
- Why were the Americans angry about the Vietnam War?
- Desensitized Americans to Trump's breakouts
- What are Mukesh Ambani's businesses
- Which language is easy English or Tamil
- How do Cantonese names work
- Why are most dramas called plays?
- Why does Salman Rushdie hate Islam
- What is the possibility of developing strabismus
- Why doesn't my father want to work?
- Where can I find a makeup artist
- Is there really a Siebenbuergen
- What is your best work of art
- Was Hitler a Zionist
- What is the hypothetical best political ideology
- Why do parents refuse to get a divorce
- Who is the best and most skillful player
- What is your favorite blog to read
- How can you keep your eyesight from deteriorating?
- What date did Israel create
- Let's increase the CO2 level through training
- Why are some people so flat 1
- Which army won World War II
- How debilitating can arachnophobia be
- Find Kim Kardashian attractive
- Can we change Jio postpaid to prepaid?
- How can people free themselves from hatred?
- Is the sentence grammatically correct?