Are British degrees recognized in Pakistan
Distance learning: degrees and their recognition
What degrees can I earn with distance learning? Is distance learning equivalent to face-to-face study? Does all distance learning lead to an academic degree? We take a look at the different degrees and their value.
Academic degrees: Bachelor, Master and MBA
As part of the so-called Bologna Process, university degrees have been standardized within the EU since 2001. The implementation of a uniform system enables students to have academic achievements recognized during their studies abroad and to acquire degrees that are recognized throughout Europe.
Three academic degrees are distinguished within this system:
- Master and
The bachelor's degree, which is common in Austria, has been renamed to a bachelor's degree, while the master's degree and diploma are now part of the master’s degree.
The academic studies build on one another: the bachelor's degree entitles to take up a master’s degree, the master’s degree entitles to take up a doctoral degree (doctorate).
Good to know: If you are earning an academic degree, it does not matter whether you are doing distance learning or face-to-face studies. The academic degrees of distance learning and face-to-face studies are equivalent. So you don't have to worry about your qualifications being recognized.
Just like the academic degrees, the designation of academic achievements has also been brought to a uniform standard.
The study achievements are measured in credit points (LP) according to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). Bachelor courses comprise 180 LP, Master courses 120 LP.
Depending on the field of study, a distinction is made between different genres or degrees. Degrees of degree programs can have the following titles:
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) and Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) and Master of Laws (LL.M.)
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) And Master of Engineering (M.Eng.)
However, there is no valence within the genera. So a Bachelor of Arts is worth just as much as a Bachelor of Science, etc.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) This is a master’s degree that conveys general business administration and management knowledge (in some cases also industry-specific) and is primarily aimed at professionals with initial management experience who want to advance their careers.
In Austria, the MBA is often offered as a university course and falls into the area of continuing education or “extraordinary studies”. Master’s degrees in the field of continuing education are not to be equated with regular master’s studies. They do not require a bachelor's degree in all cases and often fall short of the required number of credit points for a regular master's degree (120 credit points).
Non-academic degrees: certificates, diplomas, etc.
When it comes to "part-time studies", most people think of bachelor's or master's degrees. But neither the terms "Studium" or "Fernstudium" are protected and can therefore all possible forms of a further education mean. There are numerous "distance learning courses" that do not end with an academic bachelor's or master's degree, but with an individual degree from the provider.
That doesn't have to be a bad thing in and of itself. Even if the degree is not internationally recognized as equivalent, the quality of the teaching can be high and the distance learning course can be high lead to the desired career goal. As a rule, a longer period of time for distance learning and exams must also be planned here.
Non-academic distance learning courses are usually designed to be shorter than Bachelor or Master programs. For this reason, one should pay close attention to the quality and reputation of the provider. Anyone who has doubts about the seriousness of distance learning should consult with their employer and / or look for reports from other graduates.
Study at home, 100% onlineSponsored
Today we work and learn differently, more virtually, more flexibly. So why compromise on your studies? With an IU distance learning course you can start at any time, study comfortably from home and test the offer four weeks in advance free of charge. Change studies or have previous work recognized? Clear! We are happy to help you and give you tips on online teaching.
- Is democracy compatible with Hinduism
- Elon Musk is a Republican
- What makes a person destructive
- An opposition leader is necessary
- Is Kim Kardashian's butt real
- What are different forms of Ohm's law
- What is the longest word 4
- What are some amazing facts about France
- What are some invisible places in Australia
- Can I move to Argentina
- Most vegans are B12 deficient
- What is the logic behind dual nationality
- Think British accents are hot
- The battle of Panipat is a betrayal
- What are some deadly sin in Hinduism
- How low cost airlines make money
- What should other nations learn from America
- What is the Indian term for checkmate
- Bodybuilding makes you physically strong
- How does a circuit breaker protect equipment
- What do you hate about Bihar
- What is the coolest candle holder
- Do you believe in the Illuminati
- How is food at IIITDM Jabalpur