What are the different hotel stars
The system of the German hotel classification
• THE CRITERIA
The German hotel classification knows minimum criteria, which make more demanding requirements with increasing number of stars. In addition, there are corresponding scores from the areas:
- General hotel information
- Reception & service
- Event area
- Quality and online activities
The following principle applies: the more stars, the more features there must be. You will find an extract from the criteria catalog on these pages.
• DEFINING THE GUIDELINES
The hotel sector at DEHOGA defines the evaluation criteria and modalities in a binding manner and ensures that they are applied uniformly throughout Germany.
• TOP PRINCIPLE: VOLUNTARY AND TRANSPARENCY
The classification is done on a voluntary basis. Each company decides for itself whether it wants to participate in the process. An exit is possible at any time. Due to the transparency of the criteria, every company can determine in advance in which category it will be classified.
• WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Accommodation establishments that have a clear hotel character can participate. All accommodation providers are divided into five star categories.
For a more precise distinction there is also the designation »Garni« and the addition »Superior«. The latter identifies the top companies within a category with significantly more points than required.
• WHO CLASSIFIES?
The regional associations of DEHOGA have usually commissioned their own companies to carry out the classification. In many cases, the regional associations in DEHOGA have entered into cooperation with their tourism organizations or the regional chambers of industry and commerce
• THE CLASSIFICATION PROCEDURE
The evaluation is carried out using a questionnaire that the hotelier fills out. The sheet is checked and evaluated electronically. The classification takes place in the five international star categories. The classification is valid for a limited period of three years and must be repeated regularly. In addition, the hotelier receives a representative brass plate to be attached outside as well as a certificate of classification.
• COMPLIANCE WITH THE REGULATIONS
Each company is visited and strictly controlled. In order to guarantee the neutrality of the evaluation, the corresponding commissions usually include representatives of the responsible tourism associations as well as of the hospitality industry. The German hotel classification effectively puts an end to the self-award of stars by the accommodation providers themselves.
- Should I take out travel health insurance?
- What is special in Kalavantin Durg
- Is geography so hard to study
- Is React Native worth learning
- Who was the greatest Sikh warrior of all time
- Why do people listen
- Why are Qatari citizens so rich
- Was there anyone better than Ayrton Senna
- How can I sell iridium metal
- Which Indian actresses have implants
- What is the purest form of coal
- Different psycbilcybin mushrooms have different heights
- When is it dangerous to want money?
- What is the most powerful Hanuman mantra
- Are there albino or white primates
- How do chanterelles taste
- Are Pakistani actresses too westernized
- What is Kia Ora in Maori
- Will Cambodia invade Vietnam
- What's your most memorable Seinfeld scene
- What are different names for Mangalore
- Who is the best celebrity in Hollywood
- How is evolution taught in French schools
- Are George and Kellyanne Conway separated