Can young children develop smoking addiction
Does my child smoke?
What can you do if your child smokes?
If you've noticed your child is smoking, you might want to stop them smoking. However, you can hardly enforce a smoking ban because your child is not under your supervision for a large part of the day. In the worst case, it could lead to your child betraying you and secretly smoking. It is therefore not promising to strictly ban smoking, to punish severely or to threaten consequences that you may not be able to enforce. It makes more sense to encourage your child to give thought to themselves and to quit smoking of their own accord. It is important that you show a clear attitude that your child can use as a guide and with which he can grapple.
Think about how you can reward your child when they quit smoking. Make an agreement that includes a clear goal, time frame, and specific reward. Smaller rewards at shorter intervals can also be an incentive and recognition for your child. If you have made such an arrangement with your child, then you have come a long way. But a single conversation is not enough. It is important that you bring up the topic again from time to time and inquire whether there have been difficulties or experiences of achievement.
The first goal of any agreement with your child must be to quit smoking. If it is not yet possible to reach an agreement with your child to completely quit smoking, at least some rules should be enforced by you, e.g. B. that in your own apartment - and also in your own room - no cigarettes are smoked. Every non-smoked cigarette counts and every smoke-free time of the day slows the development of addiction.
Encourage your child's initiative
Studies have shown that many young people are reluctant to accept help from adults when they quit and would rather go their own way. That can be very successful. The website for young people www.rauch-frei.info and the BZgA hotline offer young smokers further practical support.
- Who invented the gyro compass?
- What are Android SDK Build Tools
- BTS is being westernized
- Does the mafia exist in Great Britain?
- What's better than pizza
- What can the future of cashmere be
- What is Blue Eye Technology
- What is an example of classical art
- Why does an individual become sarcastic
- Gives food to Malindo Airlines
- Who brought Christianity to Ireland
- How can I be a cricket journalist
- What is the physical requirement for CISF
- Men should always turn to women
- Is populism a right idea
- Why do Indonesians love Bumpy Road
- What is your motivation for morning walks
- Why are Indian TV series too dramatic
- What does modern horror need
- Who is the best professor in your school
- Are Indians happy in Australia?
- What are the Republican arguments against impeachment
- When did Great Britain have the largest navy?
- Who was your childhood hero