What are the goals of the monastery schools
Our mission statement
who we are
The Monastery School of the Holy Sepulcher is a catholic free school sponsored by the Archdiocese of Freiburg. It was founded in 1670 by Margravine Maria Franziska "for the greater glory of God and for the better education of the youth".
Our educational work is based on Christian values and on the appreciation of every person, regardless of what they do or who they are.
The aim of the school community of the monastery school is to provide the pupils with an upbringing and education that enables them to develop into stable, cosmopolitan personalities on the basis of the Christian faith. The pupils receive a well-founded specialist knowledge that leads to the ability to study and enables them to actively shape society as responsible citizens. Our school life is characterized by respectful interaction with one another, acceptance of responsibility for ourselves and others, and openness to being different. We create space for personal development by demanding and promoting the initiative and independence of our students. The development and promotion of musical and creative skills is a special focus of our educational work and expands the field in which professional, social and personal skills develop.
The monastery school is more than a place of learning - it is a place to live, characterized by trusting, constructive cooperation and open communication. All those involved in school life take responsibility for the school as part of a partnership and contribute to its design. We create structures in which this can succeed. The teachers keep an eye on all students and promote them according to their abilities. The students are motivated to perform through an appealing learning atmosphere and learning environment as well as the use of modern teaching methods and media. The students work actively and constructively in class and learn independently. They show an interest in current affairs beyond the lessons and find areas in which they can bring their individual skills to bear in a meaningful and sustainable manner. The parents actively support the school development of their child and participate in the school education work as well as in the creation and implementation of concepts. The participatory low-level and middle-level concepts as well as the vocational orientation offers give the pupils orientation with age-specific building blocks beyond the teaching of the material and promote their social and personal skills. Positive encounters with the Christian faith take place at the monastery school of the Holy Sepulcher not only in religious instruction or in church services, but also in a variety of ways in everyday school life. Our holistic approach is supplemented by school social work and all-day care. Numerous working groups enrich school life. In addition, extracurricular partnerships and contacts as well as regular exchange with foreign schools set the tone in everyday school life.
We observe the changes in society and in educational practice critically. On the basis of these observations, we check the quality of our teaching as well as our school offer and develop accordingly.
- How strong is the support from Naxalite in India
- How is the electoral process in India
- Is Tupac a good rapper
- Is Klay Thompson underestimated?
- Should human suffering really exist
- How did Hitler win Germany
- Can you declare the friendship
- Is the investment in real estate oversubscribed?
- Where do the falafels come from?
- What leeway does India have against Pakistan?
- How does Mormon theology explain intersex people
- What are the smartest breeds of cats
- Should you go outside during an earthquake
- Is Donald Trump more authoritative or libertarian
- Films are better than books
- Liberals want open borders
- Is dog piss harmful
- What are the basic knowledge of aviation
- How much does an owl cost
- How do terrorists think
- Generates LED UV
- Modern society is becoming anti-intellectual
- Why did Bhagat Singh take off his turban
- How similar are the A350 and 787
- Why did ISIS attack Medina
- Met Luciano Pavarotti Maria Callas
- What are the international airports in Italy
- What are some useless innovations and devices
- Can you go to jail for adultery?
- How do you cure a hemorrhagic stroke
- What do most IITians become
- Why do MS Dhoni fans always brag
- How does television ruin our lives