Is there a cure for myopia
Overall, the success rate of laser interventions is very high. But not all visual defects can be optimally corrected with it. Occasionally, a second operation has to be performed. Side effects are relatively common in the first three months. After that, nerve fibers that were injured during the procedure regenerated. Long-term side effects mainly occur if the patient already had symptoms prior to the procedure. Studies show: the more experienced and routine a doctor has mastered laser methods, the less complications are.
The procedure costs 1,000 to 2,500 euros per eye. Around 25,000 Germans travel abroad every year for laser surgery in order to save money. The German Ophthalmological Society (DOG) advises against such cheap offers. When abroad, hygiene and personnel are often saved. The information about the operation and its risks is usually only given in English. Follow-up examinations are not necessary. In the event of any complications, one has usually left the country again.
Correct myopia with glasses
Most people wear glasses to correct their poor eyesight. Opticians fit so-called minus glasses to nearsighted people. The glasses change the focal length so that a sharp image is created on the retina again. The refractive index of the glass corresponds to the ametropia. Like the visual defect, it is expressed in diopters (dpt).
The advantage of glasses: If the eyesight changes, the optician can replace the old one with a corrected one. Glasses are especially useful if the values are still changing, as in children and adolescents. Thanks to light plastic lenses with high refractive power, glasses for severely myopic people are not particularly heavy these days.
Correct myopia with contact lenses
Contact lenses also correct myopia. The lens does not float in front of the eye, but floats on the eyeball. Especially people with high diopter values often prefer contact lenses, as the strong minus glasses of glasses restrict the field of vision, deteriorate the image quality and are comparatively heavy.
Contact lenses have many advantages: They are invisible and do not change the appearance. They allow extreme movements and sports without restrictions. The diopter values can be easily adjusted, the contact lens can be removed at any time and even the eye color can be changed with the help of colored models. Many nearsighted people use glasses or contact lenses, depending on the situation.
If you want, you can also have permanent contact lenses inserted. The ophthalmologist implants the so-called phakic intraocular lens (PIOL) between the iris and the body's own lens (phakos: ancient Greek for lens). The PIOL stays in the eye. The ophthalmologist can replace them at any time. The method is suitable for people who are severely nearsighted and whose cornea is too thin to be lasered.
An alternative are artificial lenses, which are exchanged for the body's own lens. With artificial lenses, nearsightedness and presbyopia can be corrected at the same time, similar to varifocals. Artificial lenses are especially useful for older people who are very nearsighted, are not eligible for laser surgery and do not want to wear glasses.
- Can you distinguish between different Caribbean accents
- Why is my father ruining my life
- Is Israel's National State Law Racist
- The world would be better without evil
- Would you buy Snapchat stock
- How is Hamas authorized to attack Israel?
- Smoking weed affects your memory
- Why is sunlight important
- Why is Saitama written in Hiragana
- What does cash desk collection mean?
- Pakistanis believe Hinduism is terror
- Most Indians worship cows
- Which is the biggest airline in India
- Why does blood pressure rise
- The National Geographic Channel is a reliable source
- What do evangelical Christians think of atheists?
- Why are most South African cricketers white
- Which is a good thing about BJP
- Why am I addicted to sex?
- Why is ISKCON not accepting Shiva
- Why does the gold price fluctuate
- Programmers don't read business requirements
- Aurangzeb was the best ruler of India
- Which religions agree with atheism