Why do babies pandiculate too much
Why do humans and animals stretch their bodies and what causes this behavior?
Humans and other animals have many innate behaviors that are not learned from observation, that is, behaviors that are intrinsically linked to our nervous system, and this is one of them. Mammalian sucking reflexes and the Moro reflex are human babies (which we outgrow) are other simple examples.
The stretching behavior you are referring to is usually called in humans Called pandiculation (defined as involuntary stretching of the soft tissues), and yawning is often viewed as a special case. These behaviors are usually also related to transition times between high and low activity in animals (Walusinskie, 2006). In practice, stretching acts as a means of reversing muscle atony during REM sleep and, in this sense, as a means of restoring homeostatic functions (Fraser, 1989; Walusinskie, 2006).
An article by Rial et al. (2010) looks at the development of sleep and wakefulness in mammals of our reptilian predecessors, and suggests that stretching behavior may be due to post-sunbathing activities, particularly risk assessment behaviors such as sunbathing.
... Risk Assessment Behavior (RAB) and consists of the cancellation of the current behavior, which is replaced by head-diving movements, eye scanning, straightening and taking stretching postures ...
There is most likely much more to be said, and the paper cited above has many references that can provide further clarification and evidence. A brief comparative discussion of pandiculation can be found in Frasier (1989).
- Why is Bavaria such a fantastic country
- Are politicians actors
- Why are fundamental rights called fundamental rights
- What is the future of democracy like
- How does a blind man identify money
- How many countries use a rigid constitution
- The pursuit of happiness can make people unhappy
- How does scotch whiskey taste
- How can you find a gap in the market
- How does 5 hours of energy work
- What lifestyle change has changed your life
- What is a solution for rags
- Hong Kong people are happy these days
- Sinus infection can cause nausea
- Do you like goa
- Why do Tamils resist three language rules
- Who named Amit Shah as Mota Bhai
- How do I check the PNR status 1
- How many guys masturbate
- What makes Rajnikanth so popular
- How are ideologies indispensable
- Can you travel to North Korea
- Can terrorism be justified
- Can red ever be blue