How many time zones are there in Europe
Would you have answered the time zone question from "WWM" correctly?
From TRAVELBOOK | November 25, 2020, 10:51 a.m.
On Tuesday evening, RTL ran a repeat of a celebrity special from “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” From 2014. Among the candidates: sports journalist Waldemar Hartmann. For him it was a question of solving a question that is a real challenge even for geography professionals - after all, it was also about the considerable sum of 500,000 euros. Did you know the answer?
Moderator Günther Jauch wanted to know from Waldemar Hartmann which country has three different time zones. The choices were Mexico, India, South Africa and Saudi Arabia. Correct is: Mexico! In the Central American country, depending on your location, you can be in the Central Time, in the so-called Mountain Time, in the Pacific Time or in the Southeast Time. There are even four different time zones there, while in the other three countries you only live in one (India and Saudi Arabia) or two (South Africa).
The countries with the most time zones in the world
If you take a flight to the USA or Asia, for example, you have to change the clock - back to the west, forwards to the east. This has to do with the fact that there are 24 different time zones on earth.
The mainland of the USA, for example - without Alaska - has four time zones: from the Eastern Standard Time Zone (minus 5 hours compared to Central European Time CET) to the Pacific Standard Time Zone (minus 8 hours). It's no surprise, the country is big. But which state has the most time zones? The surprising answer is: France, which is small in terms of area. The country has a total of twelve time zones.
The European, continental part of France is entirely in the CET zone, like the rest of Central Europe. The large number is explained by the French overseas territories, which also belong to the national territory of France. These include, for example, Guadeloupe in the Caribbean, La Réunion in the Indian Ocean and French Polynesia in the Pacific, as the website Timeanddate.de explains.
The USA and Russia share second place, each with eleven different time zones. In the United States, the high number is also due to the sometimes very small outer areas overseas. In the case of Russia, it is due to the country's enormous east-west expansion.
The time zone ranking
1. France: 12
2. USA: 11
2. Russia: 11
4. Great Britain: 9
5. Australia: 8
6. Canada: 6
7. Denmark: 5
8. Brazil: 4
8. Mexico: 4
9. New Zealand: 3
9. Indonesia: 3
9. Kiribati: 3
How many zone times does China have?
The Middle Kingdom has an east-west extension of around 4200 kilometers (Germany: 876 kilometers), but only one time zone: China Standard Time (CST).
- What is the best safari to visit
- What is anastrozole
- Where are you hiding your drugs
- Why is myopia common
- The Brazilian population is beginning to decline
- What is Walmart's electronics return policy
- How do I seduce my parish priest
- Is democracy really a curse
- What is schistosomiasis
- What are your favorite breakfast smoothies
- How do investors get their money back
- Why is Trump the most popular president
- What are the benefits of homeowner insurance
- What are sunglasses used for?
- How can I be a cricket journalist
- How can we stop urban NAXALS
- Are walls effective in controlling human behavior?
- What are bad views on social media
- Why can't the rainbow have any other colors?
- How much does bankruptcy cost
- How much money do Indians get
- Who designed the Indian flag
- How do I concentrate on my studies
- Steve Bannon will overthrow Donald Trump