Why are you so socially awkward
Are you socially awkward? These GIFS will show if you are!
Life is tough when you are socially awkward. You never know how to deal with people especially strangers, you constantly worry that everyone will think you are a freak and everyday situations can be rather tragic! It's not that you don't like people, it's just that you don't know how to act around them. Not sure if you're socially awkward? Well known these situations before?
1. Becoming a strange party with a friend who knows it
It's the weekend and somehow your friend has convinced you to go to that party where you don't know who and you're scared of it! Your thought process goes a little something like this, "What should I say? What if X leaves me alone for more than five minutes ?! Who am I going to have with rum ?! I really hope this party is a pet" because somehow you are get along better with animals than with humans.
2. share the elevator
You're alone in the elevator and just as close you see someone rushing towards him. You will mentally close the elevator faster but of course, that won't happen, so now you are stuck in an elevator with someone. It is bad when it is a stranger, worse when it is a acquaintance.
(3) will be the first to go anywhere
So you and your friends hit the new restaurant in town and you're the first to make it. AAA! Call your friends a few times, you pretend to text someone, you decide that you hate your friends and you promise never to be on time again.
4. the dreaded small talk
Let your hair grow out for as long as possible because you are scared of making small talk with the barber. You got your headphones as soon as you get on the plane or workout because god forbid you end up next to chatty co-passenger. They fear that the subway with a acquaintance. Basically you get every scenario that requires small talk the crime novels.
5. Meeting the partner's parents
You love your sweet one and you know it has to be done. But you avoid it for as long as possible since you are petrified you will not please you. If you say the wrong thing or worse, what if you can't say something at all ?!
6. Accidental eye contact
She didn't mean to, but it happened. You just made eye contact with someone. What's next? Do you smile? Are you looking away Do you claim to look past them? Embarrassing!
Perhaps the hardest part for a socially awkward person to figure out is the art of flirting. You are not very good at yourself and you almost never get it when someone is flirting with you until they literally spell it out.
8. Telephone calls
I swear I have a little panic attack every time my phone rings. Why do people have to call me when they can only text? Don't you know WhatsApp?
9. says hello to a date
You're never quite sure whether it's a hug or handshake moment, so you clumsily make the half-hug and then say "That was embarrassing" worse. I hate to admit it, but this has happened to me more than once!
10. Bump into your neighbors
Are you the type of person who looks through the peephole before you leave your house just to make sure there is nobody in the hallway? Because when you bump into your neighbor you have to say hello and then you have to make small talk and the next thing you know, you are invited to his party. No thanks.
11. When you are left alone with someone you just met
What are you possibly going to talk about? The weather? Is the last movie watching you? Goals in life? The pressure is extreme.
12. When someone says hello and you can't remember where you know they are from
Okay, that's awkward for anyone, but especially a socially awkward person. Do you play along and hope you remember them somewhere in the middle of the conversation? Come on brain! Help! Or should you be honest? Psssh ... just smile and play along.
How does this sound to you? Yes? Welcome to the world of the socially awkward. We have been waiting for you.
- Has someone deleted it from SBI PO IAS
- How do you get the best advice
- Will Trump's wage retaliation hurt India?
- What are examples of antacid foods
- Why is Hindu appeasement by BJP acceptable
- Who is Angel Priya 1
- What are the benefits of eating basil
- Which is the best country for neurosurgeons
- What are some keto recipes for diabetics
- What is the reality of Indian independence
- Why is democracy preferred by many states
- Why is my newborn baby picky at night
- How long can a good friendship last
- Public schools indoctrinate children
- How is food at IIITDM Jabalpur
- Will integrate POK in India before 2019
- What is the 1st book of anthropology
- What is community according to Max Weber
- Is utopian bad
- Why didn't Cuba attack Guantanamo Bay?
- What are some really simple recipes
- How was Mozart personally
- What is FindViewByResource in Android
- What are some 19th century writers