What are some unique therapy animals
Why animals are the best therapists
Animals are good for mental and physical health. In the context of holistic medicine, specially trained animals are increasingly being used as animal therapists. Numerous studies prove the positive effect of animal-assisted therapy.
More on this: Dogs are good for the unborn
Success factor "non-verbal communication"
In animal-assisted therapy, the focus is on non-verbal communication.
- It is suitable for children and adults with social deficits, but also physical or mental impairments.
- The calming effect of animals has long been known.
- Animals are able to lower blood pressure and pulse rate and reduce stress by their mere presence.
- Various animal species are now used specifically for the treatment of certain diseases.
- All animals have one thing in common: They do not judge, they convey recognition and appreciation to humans.
- In this way, you promote social skills such as empathy and consideration.
- Your patience helps people achieve a sense of achievement and in turn strengthens their self-confidence in their own abilities.
- Warmth and closeness to the body lead to an improved perception of oneself and others.
- In many cases, working with animals can be used to improve fine and gross motor skills, communication skills and the supportive treatment of depression.
You can read here which animals are particularly suitable as therapists.
Dogs are good listeners
Especially people with whom no or only minimal communication is possible benefit from dog-assisted therapy. Dogs are excellent listeners, they don't criticize or correct mistakes. Children with language disorders or reading disabilities who read to a dog lose their inhibitions about reading aloud more quickly and thus gain self-confidence.
More on this: Dogs: Loyalty on four legs
Horses strengthen body awareness
Hippotherapy is a form of therapeutic riding. It is used in people with musculoskeletal disorders, but it also leads to improved coordination of movements in diseases of the nervous system.
During the physiotherapeutic exercises on specially trained horses, the horse's movement impulses are transferred to the pelvis of the person and thus indirectly strengthen the body feeling. Posture and muscle tension are also positively influenced.
More on this: Hobby horse riding is the trend
Therapeutic llama walks
Llamas are curious animals, but they are very reserved towards humans. You always keep a respectful distance and thus convey a feeling of calm and trust.
Especially people with trauma, anxiety disorders or autistic traits, the friendly nature of the lamas makes it easier to make contact with other living beings. but also to yourself and your own emotional world.
Read more: 5 myths about fear and phobias
Patience with the agate snail
The agate snails, up to 30 cm in size, are astonishingly suitable as therapists for hyperactive children. They exude a lot of calm and encourage the children to be calm and to be patient. Only then does the snail leave its house and crawl over the hand to the arm.
A sense of achievement for children who manage to keep calm until the snail decides to show itself.
More on this: Exotic animals as therapists?
Editor at netdoktor.at
- IIT Guwahati is good
- How does the color orange sound
- Can fish be eaten in the aquarium?
- Which is better? A male or female Labrador
- What is the use of a kaleidoscope
- What are some interesting things about Emirates
- Who is responsible for immigration?
- What is political criticism
- What is the salary of an NHM
- Is the Italian mafia still active
- Which site offers news for Forex
- Why don't you hate anyone
- A poetic license for grammatical errors is applicable
- Which jobs are better for women
- Is Argentina an ethnostat
- Is it a selfish act to be alone?
- Which states have banned Hindi in India
- How is the politics in Kerala now
- What happened to DKDKTV
- How does the color orange sound
- Which continents touch the European continent
- How do you develop people's skills
- How would it feel to be Narendra Modi
- What do atheists think of Islamophobia