Why is a mushroom considered a vegetable?
Which genus do mushrooms belong to?
Gartenbista »Plants» Which genus do mushrooms belong to?Reading time: 3min.
Everyone knows the tasty creatures that are neither to the Animals (animalia) nor to the Plants (Plantae) counting. The question "Are mushrooms vegetables?" must be clearly denied, because these are biologically an independent kingdom with numerous types, even if they can often be found in the supermarket with vegetables.
Are mushrooms vegetables?
Mushrooms are Fungi, eukaryotic creaturesthat establish an independent biological realm. So they belong not with vegetables.
Mushrooms as a separate order "Fungi"
Because the dem Taxon Ophistokonta (Amorphea) belonging fungi are heterotrophic and feed primarily on nutrients that they find in their environment.
They are also symbiotic with Plants and animals capable, whereby no communication seems to take place between the individual parts of the fungus, as these act independently. However, a separate daily rhythm seems to be missing, but there could be exceptions. For this purpose the propagation takes place asexual and also sexual.
Culinary uses of mushrooms
Mushrooms are popular and common in the kitchen used. The classic is typical Mushroom dish with bacon, onions and parsley. But mushrooms can also be used very well in pasta, in classic goulash, in vegetable dishes, as soup and in risotto. Each type of mushroom has its own taste. So there are nutty-tasting mushrooms, but also meaty, spicy and pale tasting fungi.
Seasonings for vegetables: mushrooms
Seasoning with fresh or dried mushrooms can make a vegetable dish a special flavor note receive. Depending on the type of mushroom, it can taste bitter, mild, sweet, sour, nutty, pale and tart. They are mainly used in salads, vegetable stir-fries and vegetable casseroles.
The following mushrooms are suitable in Combination with vegetables:
- Oyster mushrooms: vigorous
- Mushrooms: rather mild
- Shitake: Umami, meaty
- King oyster mushrooms: nutty, spicy
- Chestnuts: vigorous
- Boletus: spicy
- Chanterelles: mild
- Lime oyster mushrooms: fruity, citric
- Enoki: sweetish
- Pom Pom blanc: spicy
- Parasol: nutty, spicy
- Butter mushroom: mild
Drying mushrooms for vegetable dishes
Mushrooms can be wonderfully dried and later used for a mushroom dish, in sauces and vegetable dishes. A is suitable for drying Dehydrator, an oven, but also the air. No matter which method is used, the Preparation for drying is always the same. How to dry Mushrooms correct:
- Wash or brush the mushrooms briefly, pat dry
- Cut out damaged areas and worms
- Cut into 5 mm thick slices
- Dry in the automatic dehydrator at 50 ° C (place mushrooms next to each other)
- Dry in the oven at 50 ° C on the wire rack, leaving the oven door slightly open so that the moisture can escape
- In the air: thread the mushrooms on a string and hang them in a shady, airy and dry place
Gartenbista tip: You can use the dried mushrooms in simple Screw jars store. Nicely packaged, they are a welcome souvenir.
Mushrooms: are they healthy?
Consumption of edible mushrooms is good for the human bodybecause mushrooms are Rich in vitamins, low in salt, low in calories, low in fat and free from cholesterol. They are one of the power suppliers because they provide us with a lot of protein, minerals, fiber and trace elements.
Our book tip:Mushrooms: Recipes - simple, classic and always good (GU Themenkochbuch)
Icon graphics: © Adriana Nikolova, Yury, pilipphoto - Fotolia.com
by Permila • April 6, 2021 • Category: Plants
Posts in the forum
Growing mushrooms or shiitake
When I was just reading the new article about fungal diseases, I got the idea to grow mushrooms myself. However, no mold or poisonous fungi;)
I was thinking of mushrooms or other easy-to-grow varieties (e.g. Parasol). Shiitake wouldn't be bad either, as this mushroom is said to be excellent for health.
What should you watch out for as a beginner in mushroom cultivation? Would you rather buy ready-made cultures and brood or start with spores to learn breeding from scratch? What about sources of supply? Is it also possible to breed in the garden?
Register in the forum
- How do Afghans see US military technology
- How can I date a transgender person?
- What is Android Studio
- What is political criticism
- Who is considered a healthcare professional
- Why won't Ice Cube partner with Eminem
- Think cats are lazy animals
- What is the end product of meiosis
- Excellent geniuses are characterized by everything
- Can someone teach themselves to code
- How good are Rodenstock glasses frames
- How is Birmingham as a city
- Is the Lufthansa A380 configuration more economical
- John the Taeufer was a West Boro Baptist
- What should be the goal of education
- Why do people have incestuous relationships
- At what temperature does salt water boil
- How is life in Zurich
- What is the philosophy of the BJP
- Profit stifles innovation
- Do you believe in ghosts 1
- Was the Vigenere cipher broken in front of Kasiski
- How many time zones are there in Russia
- How do I get a UK passport